I got the dies in for the .50 Razorback rifle. I couldn’t find any .50 Alaskan dies or even .50-110 dies so instead of looking on the Internet for the next two years, I figured that I could modify a set of the .300 Remington Ultra Mag dies to work since it is the parent case of the .50 Razorback.
I needed a way to bell the case mouth and size it so I fabricated a die to do just that. This one will uniformly size the cases to .508 and has enough adjustment on it to be able to flare the case mouths enough so that they don’t shave the bullets. It seems to work pretty well and is based of off what is known as a “M” die.
Here is a picture of it assembled and then taken apart so that you can see the sizing button.
I had to modify the crimp die. I don’t know that I’ll actually use it but it wasn’t hard to do, I just drilled it out on the lathe.
Here is the bullet seater. It was pretty close to working but the bullet seating stem was just too short. I made one long enough to give me plenty of adjustment so that I can use both long or short bullets. Its about twice as long as the one that was supplied. You’ll notice that it has a shoulder on it. Without that shoulder it would fall through the die.